question

Matthew Shea avatar image
Matthew Shea asked

lynx BMS with smart lithium MPII configuration

I have a question about the multiplus config when used with a lynx BMS and smart lithium batteries. I changed the battery type to "smart lithium with VE Bus BMS" and once doing that, I got all kinds of errors on my GX device. the errors would go away if I unplugged either the MPII or the BMS from the cerbo but the config did not like having both connected at he same time. My assumption is that the lynx is not technically a VE bus BMS but actually a VE Can bms so having the "configured for VE Bus BMS" box checked was causing issues. After changing the battery type to lithium batteries the errors went away. I am wanting to know if my assumption is correct and lithium is the option that needs to be checked or if it should work under my previous configuration?

Multiplus-IIBMSVE.BusVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Matthew Shea,

you're talking about the Lynx Smart BMS?

If yes, then you need to set the battery type to LifePo4 or Lithium. No assistants and no VE.Bus BMS.
In case you have a GX device, DVCC is forced in. This makes the GX device the Controller over your MultiPlus in terms of CVL, CCL and DCL. In case of low temp, high temp, low voltage or high voltage the GX device talks to the MultiPlus to take adequate action.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthew Shea avatar image
Matthew Shea answered ·

Yes, I am talking about the Lynx Smart BMS. That is what I needed to know. Just found it odd that there is a check box for the VE Bus BMS with smart batteries but not a check box for the Lynx VE Can BMS in the Multiplus config. I suppose the Lynx and GX is smart enough to talk to all the pieces and no additional config is needed when DVCC is enabled. that makes sense now that I think about it as DVCC overrules the charge algorithm and the MP is just going to do whatever GX tells it to do.

1 comment
2 |3000

I forgot to mention that DVCC is forced on in your GX device when the Lynx Smart BMS is connected.

DVCC does not overrule the charge algorithm. It rather communicating the limits.

Here are my charger settings for the MultiPlus. As you can see, only the Lithium box is checked. No specific battery type:
bildschirmfoto-2022-01-25-um-065133.png

0 Likes 0 ·