question

soledad avatar image
soledad asked

Controlling multiple inverter/chargers

I currently have two inverter/chargers on my boat. One is a 5KW Quattro 220v that I consider the "primary" unit as it runs all of the AC loads on my boat. It is also the one that is connected to the VE.bus BMS (soon to be replaced with a Lynx BMS). I also have a second 3KW Multiplus that is used for charging the batteries on shore-power when in the US / Caribbean. My question is how I control and monitor the Multiplus? Everything I see on the Victron site and everything I can find relating to multiple inverters is for split / parallel systems, which I do not think applies to my situation. Is there something I am missing here?

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Soledad

You can monitor a second inverter if it is a ve direct inverter on a GX but not control it. Your system is not a supported connection, since they are both VE Bus products.

I read somewhere where someone wanted to try with the mk3 to usb. But I would expect errors as mentioned. Also the OP has not fed back if they tried it or not.

In this situation it may be best to just have a second device like the VE Bus bluetooth dongle. Then you can control input current limit from Victron Connect.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic