question

mahonrig avatar image
mahonrig asked

Min and MaxCellVoltage not available in Node Red

Hi all, I have a Cerbo GX with the large image installed and running Node Red. It is connected to a lithium battery with a JBD BMS, which is interfaced using the driver here: https://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery/

Everything seems to be working fine, except I was really hoping to get access to the min/max cell voltages within Node Red. I can see this data on VRM, and using dbus-monitor while logged into the cerbo I can see that /System/MinCellVoltage and /System/MaxCellVoltage are being updated regularly. Looking through the node-red-contrib-victron repo it seems that this data should be available under the battery monitor node, but it is not showing up in the drop down. Nor is it in the System node.

Is this simply a case of the Large image containing an older version of the node red nodes, or is there something else going on here?

Thanks!

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

You are right that this is a case where the node-red-contrib-victron lags on the last dbus path changes. I've updated several paths last week for different nodes. The `com.victronenergy.battery` dbus path for `/System/MinCellVoltage` and `/System/MaxCellVoltage` for the input-battery node was among it. I've planned on releasing a new version of node-red-contrib-victron today. So the next large release will feature the paths.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mahonrig avatar image mahonrig commented ·
Thank you so much for the answer! I noticed several dbus paths that I was interested in were commented out in the service whitelist, including these two. Wasn't sure if I should setup more of a development environment rather than using the Venus OS large image to get access to them.
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, the nodes are defined here: https://github.com/victronenergy/node-red-contrib-victron

PRs welcome!

2 |3000

nuxland avatar image
nuxland answered ·

I have a question. What node should I use to update Min/Max cell voltages.

I have a BMS that I can access via websocket xml and I could get from there Min and Max voltages.If I could tell GX what these are they would be displayed in VRM also.

2 |3000