question

jmangus avatar image
jmangus asked

Wind generator monitrting

Hello All ,

I have a victron system using a victron Cerbo Gx. I have a smart shunt in line with my house battery bank. I would like to monitor my wind generator. I was thinking of using a second smart shunt inline with the wind generator to do this.wile there are no guide lines to do this I think this should work, any thoughts?I have an Eclectic Energy D400 wind generator

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Yes this works. Set the Smart Shunt inline with the wind generator in DC Monitor mode and set to Wind Gen. This is what it looks like in VenusOS...

1642882925309.pngimg-410e6a221b6a-1.jpeg

1642882925309.png (122.0 KiB)
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·
Nice screenshots Mark

note that this needs v2.80, currently in beta. See v2.80~41 post I made just now, includes changelog and some details about this feature.

0 Likes 0 ·
philipr avatar image philipr mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

I do believe that there's a bug on the VRM platform when you try to display a SmartShunt that's configured as DC energy meter-Wind charger.

Devicelist. It's there but without icon:

skærmbillede-2022-01-25-kl-003807.png

Advanced - Widgets. Doesn't appear here:

skærmbillede-2022-01-25-kl-003836.png

Venus OS: v2.80~21-large-23

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm philipr commented ·
@PhilipR At present the DC Monitor function is not displayed in VRM. It is a new capability and not everything is in place. I am sure that Victron will be addressing this as soon as they can.
0 Likes 0 ·
ian-eastbourne avatar image ian-eastbourne bathnm commented ·
Hi Bathnm. I intend to set-up a wind turbine alonside my 3kW solar array with Multiplus II 5000/48/70 and cerbo GX. I have 6kW of Lifep04 Batteries. All the Solar has been working fine. Reading other threads, it may be appropriate to use a Smartshunt and a Morning Star 60A controller. It looks like you have a similar set-up. Would it be possible for you to publish a schematic of the wiring set up or indicate which wires on the smarshunt go where? it would be much appreciated. thanks, Ian
0 Likes 0 ·
gcarr avatar image gcarr commented ·
Curious how you got on with this as I am looking to do the same and get some data from the power created by the wind turbine. Thanks Garry
0 Likes 0 ·
hardy-tuner avatar image
hardy-tuner answered ·

additional shunts now in VRM available and in history logs also ?

2 |3000