question

iromeo avatar image
iromeo asked

Quattro lowering AC voltage?

I've noticed that my quattro lowers voltage of the system, without apparent reason.

Case - Grid with 5kw connected to AC IN 1. Fronius + house loads connected on AC OUT 1 (ESS config). For some reason, i can't get the batteries to charge with excess, as they should, so I manually switch "keep batteries charged" in the evening. Even if I have 1kwh charge on the batteries, the grid voltage drops to ~180-185v and during evening my fronius disconnects.

If I add 2-3 kwh loads, but not trough the quattro, the voltage only drops to 195v (from 205-210v).

voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@iRomeo

If you are grid connected check your incoming grid voltage. It will synchronise to that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iromeo avatar image iromeo commented ·
Yes, of course. But the voltage drop is higher if the load is connected on the AC OUT, than on AC IN.

Example: Grid at 205v, if 2kwh boiler is connected to grid (same as AC IN), voltage drop is -5v (registered on the quattro so 200v); but I take the same load an connect it to AC OUT, the voltage goes -15 (voltage of 185 registerd on the same quattor).
Test done ~30 seconds apart, how long it took me to change the boiler wiring.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If you remain connected to the grid with this load on the Quatro, its input and output voltages should be identical since the AC input relay will be closed. If the Quatro switches to invert mode, then the output voltage is determined by the programming of the Quatro and could be set lower than you'd like.

If the grid remains connected, I would look for voltage drop in the wiring or any switch gear (breakers, etc.) into or out of the Quatro.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic