question

perastro avatar image
perastro asked

Linux alternatives for setup

My supplier has sent me links to the Windows-compatible utilities
VictronConnectInstaller.exe and VECSetup_B.exe

Which are no use to me, running Linux Mint 20.

I have tried the Linux VictronConnect-x86_64-v5.52.AppImage, which gets stuck doing nothing. Can anyone help with the Linux alternative to the two above, please?

Am I wrong to expect it to connect through the Internet connection?

Thank you.

setuplinux
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That's interesting. The 5.52 app image is working for me (Ubuntu 20.04).
It does seem to do nothing at first, it takes maybe a minute or two before something happens.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

perastro avatar image
perastro answered ·

Thank you. It gives me hope. Mint is pretty near Ubuntu. I'll try letting it take its time.

2 |3000

perastro avatar image
perastro answered ·

Thank you. I ignored it for some minutes, and there is was working!

2 |3000

danieleday avatar image
danieleday answered ·

I only run Linux desktops/laptops and an iPad, and could not get the appimage to run on Ubuntu 22.04. I am new to the Victron equipment, and needed to configure my Multiplus to work with a 'drop in' Lithium battery. For others in this situation:

Rather than spend a lot of time trying to debug with my limited skills, I just

- downloaded the factory profile from the Multiplus through the browser using VRM to my CerboGX,
- edited it using a Virtualbox VM with Windows 10 (new install of a free unregistered copy) and VEConfigure3, and then
- uploaded it back to the Multiplus from the Linux side/VRM, although this would work from the Windows VM too.

Total time about 20 min, although I spent 12 hours poring through manuals and browsing the forum to figure out what to do... hope this helps others in this bind.

Cheers

Daniel

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic