question

frakvica avatar image
frakvica asked

How do I remove an old temperature sensor from the VRM Dashboard

I have an old temperature sensor on my VRM dashboard that I would like to remove. How do I remove Battery [24]?

1642697515395.png

dashboard display
1642697515395.png (8.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
mike4nl avatar image
mike4nl answered ·

Hi all.
Wonder oh wonder. After 3 days i finally got the Delete Device button in the device list without to unfold the 2nd temperature sensor. I reported that issue a day or two later here.

Look at this (image 1)after-2-days.pngThe 2nd image show th unfolded temperature sesnsor [25]
2nd.png

After using the delete button i got this
3rd.png

So to see has Victron done something with our issue.

after-2-days.png (15.5 KiB)
2nd.png (12.8 KiB)
3rd.png (23.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

So after a day a new button pops up:

geraete09.jpg

If you confirm this, a message appears:

geraete10.jpg

If you confirm this, the device is then removed.

So the deletion seems to be possible only after a certain time.

geraete09.jpg (44.0 KiB)
geraete10.jpg (56.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Go to the device list on the left side there you should be able to remove it.

2 |3000

mike4nl avatar image
mike4nl answered ·

I have nearly the same issue. I can't remove an chosen temperature sensor in VRM.
-> Cerbo GX 2 month old/young
-> Firmware 2.84

In the local network Remore Console i removed the Temp.-Sensor Nr.2
Rebootet the Cerbob GX manually
Checked again in local Remote Console, OK not present
Loged into VRM
Chose Dasboard
Temp.-Sensor Nr.2 still visible = Battery [25]
Goto Device List
Open/Unfold the Temp.-Sensor Nr. 2 = Battery [25]
Used the Delete Device Button
Still no change after 30 Minutes.
Repeated it 3 times but no change.

-- If there something wrong with the Delete function ?
-- Anyother suggestion besides the one i tried (Manual) every help would be perfect.

screen2-console.pngscreen1.pngscreen3-dashborad.png

screen1.png (13.0 KiB)
screen2-console.png (26.5 KiB)
2 |3000

vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

Hello
and the same problem to me.

See my question: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/125857/device-list-remove-device-without-function-geratel.html

There is no answer and nobody could help. Not funny!!!

Greets
Markus

1 comment
2 |3000

mike4nl avatar image mike4nl commented ·
So you are the nexty one in v2.84.

I had read something about v2.85-b1 the beta version. But i won't install any BETA on my system because i need it. So i hope @victron will help us.

0 Likes 0 ·
vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

Hi Mike,
I just tested it and it still doesn't work for me.

The delete button appears in a different place (below) and has no function when pressed (there is no confirmation and the device is still in the device list).

geraete08.jpg

Many greetings,
Markus.

geraete08.jpg (50.7 KiB)
2 |3000

mike4nl avatar image
mike4nl answered ·

@Vectra
Ok. Have checked the time which is gone from on the day on you had deleted the sensor in the Remote Console? (in my case two days ago)

I have tested it and it looks time depending when you can delete it, but i'm not sure of it. You have the OS version 2.84 right?
We need more information from Victron.

2 |3000

vectra avatar image
vectra answered ·

I work with version 2.84.

OK, maybe only a few days have to pass after the deletion?

I switched off the device in the remote console (I/O analog devices) and then confirmed the removal of the device in the remote console. Then looked in the device list and the device is still there and the delete button has no function.

Hello Victron, info and improvement is needed here!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic