question

Lars Filusch avatar image
Lars Filusch asked

Orion-tr 1212-9 - noise during current limiting, won't start during current limiting by remote

img-0173.jpgif the orion is in current limitation, i.e. the load at the output is so high that it has to be limited, then it cannot be switched on via the remote. The LED turns on, but the output does not go on. You have to switch the remote first and then switch on the load.

also

when the orion is in the current limit, it makes a very unpleasant loud noise.

i would like to use the orion to charge a battery, i just sketched it very simply.

Orion DC-DC Converters not smartremote consolecurrent limit
img-0173.jpg (545.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I think you have two connectors on the left, one marked H and one marked L. These should be bridged, with and optional switch in there.

There are other wiring options, but the one I described seems most appropriate.

Make sure you set the right mode for the battery you are charging.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

You are using an isolated DC2DC charger wired like as a non isolated one, which it was not designed for. I suspect that may potentially contribute to some of your problems in addition to what kevgermany mentioned. Below is the ideal setup for your Orion.

1642612317059.png

1642612317059.png (145.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Lars Filusch avatar image
Lars Filusch answered ·

got an new Orion (older version) from my victron dealer, now it works as expecte.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron DC-DC converters product page

Remote Console on VRM - Troubleshooting