question

adrain-chester avatar image
adrain-chester asked

Victron MPPT 100/20 for charging LiFePO4 batteries

Hi all, so I looked at the specs for this controller but cant see where there is a specific charge profile for any type of battery?

I am currently using this controller to charge an AGM but I am wanting to move to a LiFePO4 soon & want to know if the charge profile will suit the lithium 100% or will it not meet the needs of the lithium 100%??

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @adrain chester,

the charger should have a built-in LiFePo4 charge profile (14.20V absorption and 13.50V float) and you can always adapt it's settings for your battery. If there is no such charge profile, you can make your own user preset.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There are two versions, the smart version has built in bluetooth, can be monitored and configured from your phone. The other version needs additional hardware.

2 |3000