question

cotje avatar image
cotje asked

Multiplus II not charging

Hello all,

My Multiplus-II/Cerbo/Batrium ESS-setup is not charging anymore and I'm looking for reasons why that happens but have a hard time finding the root-cause. The GX says it is on Scheduled Charging / bulk (setup by me) but there is no current going into the batteries. The Batrium's charging state is ON, therefor I see no reason for the Multiplus not to start charging. If I set ESS to 'keep batteries charged' the Multiplus goes into Passthru.

My main question is: where to look for the cause?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
cotje avatar image
cotje answered ·

Guess I found it! Did a complete reset of the MP and re-enabled ESS. System started charging again. Thereafter able to reproduce by enabling DCVV. Seems this breaks my config... I noticed the message to Reset de VE.bus. Can someone explain how to do that? On which device? Been through every menu but did not notice this option. TIA!

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi @cotje

This one? It's in the Multiplus section.. 1642218329657.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1642218329657.png (47.2 KiB)
cotje avatar image cotje JohnC ♦ commented ·
Hi John, don't think so. This powercycles the whole unit and my problem persisted.

Resetting VE.bus is hard to find in the software but also searching the docs resulted in no usable hit. As soon as I find it I will share the details.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ cotje commented ·

I think you'll find @JohnC is correct. When the system prompts like this it must be done.

Did you enable DVCC first or ESS first? I think you have to enable DVCC first, if there's a choice.

0 Likes 0 ·
cotje avatar image cotje kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks Kev! That is interesting to know. I will try that when my new accupack is in.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@cotje

Not sure if this has anything to do with it. But you reset everything except the Cerbo.

May be it is worth a try? Then do whatever it is to set up the Batrium again with the Cerbo.

2 |3000

cotje avatar image
cotje answered ·

Thanks Alexandra! That procedure seems a little too much for my issue. I've read something about resetting VE.bus with modbus and applying a value on this forum, but it didn't mention where this was to be found.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic