question

metivier avatar image
metivier asked

VRM Portal issue trying to add new installation (Venus GX)

Hi,

I'm writing here because I have some problems with VRM Portal and my installation...

For 2 years I didn't go to VRM Portal because I didn't need. It seems that my account has been deleted (I asked for forgotten password but I never received any e-mail). So I created a new account. I did a firmware update on the Venus GX (now 2.73), "she" is now on the internet via wifi. I try to add it on my "installation" (on VRM) using VRM Portal ID but nothing happens. A short message indicates that I will receive a confirmation e-mail but... nothing happens too. Really, I spent a lot of time trying by myself but I have no solutions yet.

Thank you per advance if you think to have a solution !

Venus GX - VGXremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
fgs-energie avatar image
fgs-energie answered ·

could it be because it's registered on your old account?
I'm curious to find a solution about it in case it happens to me

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Metivier you have mail.

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Metivier

PS when we send an email to the address you registered to community with, it bounces, so that might be the reason you didn't get an email when trying to reset password.
---
Action: failed
X-PowerMTA-BounceCategory: bad-domain

2 |3000

antperry avatar image
antperry answered ·

Hi - I also have a similar problem. However I bought a second-hand VenusGX. It can see the internet just fine - I even downloaded new firmware for it. Is it possible to change it across to my VRM account?

2 |3000

Randy Meade avatar image
Randy Meade answered ·

I'm having similar issues. I'm trying to add an installation. I get the message that an email has been sent but I never receive an email. The account was created using an old email that no longer exists. I have updated my VRM profile with my new address. When I try to create a new account it says my current email has already been used.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page