question

scott-coles avatar image
scott-coles asked

Is a Phoenix 12/50 120V charger compatible with Cerbo GX?

Hello. I am new to the community and Victron products in general. I currently have a Phoenix 12/50 charger (120V) that is brand new purchased January 2022. Sorry, I don't have the S/N handy. I also plan to purchase a MultiPlus 3000 inverter charger soon and will add solar in the future. This is a marine install with 3 battery banks. I will use the Phoenix for the 2 smaller banks and the MultiPlus for the large house bank. I would like to connect all these to a Cerbo GX w/ a Touch 50 panel.

I am finding it challenging to determine if the Phoenix charger will communicate with the Cerbo GX. I know the Multi will and am sure the future solar will but the Phoenix is a mystery.

Can anyone help me out>

Best

Mascot

cerbo gxcharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Scott Coles

Hello Mascot

The Phoenix charger connects to the phoenix charge controller.

If you are wanting bank informationlike State of charge,that can be sent to the GX device from each bank if you install a BMV or smart shunt on each one.

screenshot-20220111-224624.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scott-coles avatar image
scott-coles answered ·

Thanks @Alexandra for your quick response. All I was hoping to do is be able to monitor the charger (voltage / current) and control it (on / off) from the same central hub as the other items (Multi & MPPT). It seems as though the Cerbo should be able to handle that function without needing an extra panel. I am not attempting to monitor the SOC of the banks connected to the Phoenix as they are engine start banks.

Will the Cerbo even "see" the Phoenix charger if it is connected?

Best,

Mascot

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Scott Coles

In the connection overview of the cerbo the charger that has comms with the Cerbo is the Skylla-i or the Skylla-s. They use VE can connections to the Cerbo.

2 |3000

Related Resources