question

bobby-gg avatar image
bobby-gg asked

Easysolar 24/3000 inverter fault

I've got a victron easysolar 24/3000 that's been installed for approximately 4 year's and never had a issue.

In winter I sometimes struggle to get enough solar to charge the batteries so have a large 3 phase generator feeding the easysolar set with a maximum 50A charger limit.

Occasionally, when the generator is running and a welder is used at the same time, the multiplus inverter side goes into fault mode and shuts down the input from the generator, it's never been an easy issue and I can just switch off the inverter off and back on again either locally, or by remote console and the fault resets.

Over the weekend, the inverter on ebay again tripped into fault mode, but this time switching off then back on again did not reset the fault, I ended up having to use the advanced setting to force a redetect and then switch their inverter on again and the fault cleared.

Well, it's just happened again, but this time, using the redetect option whilst allowing me to reset the fault, when I switch the inverter back on, it is remaining in the off position and will not turn on.

Can anyone advise why this has suddenly started happening, what can I do to reset this time and what can I do to prevent the fault from reoccurring the next time

Thanks

Rob

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Bobby-gg

I have so many questions.

Since you used force redetect, this means the GX is loosing contact with the inverter. They usually don't like being switched on when there is no contact. Unplugging the ve bus cable and replugging it in may help next time. So that may explain why you cannot switch it on. The UTP is prone to interference welders can do that. Over time contacts can get corrosion so the four year may have added that to the mix? Some guys add ferrite cores on cables to help with interference.

I dont know just guessing, internet diagnosis being what it is.

If the welder is an inverter type it is possible there is interference of some sort there. Are you using the same phase at the Multi? Or is it a 3phase welder?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bobby-gg avatar image
bobby-gg answered ·

Thank you for your prompt reply @Alexandra .

The generator is a 3 phase output, with the welder running from 1 single-phase, the easysolar powered from another phase, and the lightning running from another phase.

I'll look into unplugging ve-bus cable tomorrow and report back on the situation

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Is the welder running through the EasySolar?
0 Likes 0 ·
bobby-gg avatar image
bobby-gg answered ·

Update Friday 14th

Well, I didn't get to the unit on Wednesday but since it was a bright sunny day I tried to switch on the multiplus via remote console, tried various configurations and it didn't want to know, but I did notice that it always indicated that it wasn't connected?

So, on Thursday morning I went to the unit, used the physical switch on the front of the easysolar to cycle the multiplus off and back on again and it immediately reset itself and started taking the feed in from the generator!

Absolutely no ideal what's been going on, but over the moon that it's now working again. And, as a test I went back up today and fired up the welder, got the multiplus to trip into fault, switched off the welder and reset/switched on the multiplus again via remote console.

screenshot-20220113-092818-comandroidchrome.jpg

But, going forward, I think when ever I'm going to be welding, I'll switch off the multiplus, and switch back on once I'm finished welding

2 |3000