question

atwijukye avatar image
atwijukye asked

Dc change over switch

Dear team

I recently installed my easysolar gx and it seems to be doing well and excited. I have two 25.6v 200mph victron batteries connected in 48v system they are not enough for my loads. I recently bought 4 12v 100amph victron batteries from a friend. I know it is not a good idea mixing batteries of different capacities but I need to use the two sets. I there any DC change over switch that can automatically switch to different battery banks depending on soc

dc system
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@atwijukye@mrc.gm

Not an automated one to my knowledge.

There are isolators.

It is more complicated that that though, if you depleted the agm bank you want it to charge asap. Cant leave it in that state and switch back to the other bank. You would need to think about situations like that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If your existing batteries are AGM, you could connect two strings in parallel. Far from ideal, will lead to uneven load distribution, but should work until you need to replace all the batteries.

Will it damage batteries? I don't know.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic