question

Seth Nickell avatar image
Seth Nickell asked

Victron BAT5214130410: any suggestions?

Victron BAT5214130410

Lithium Batterydischarge level
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Please re-instate, this doesn't make sense as it stands.
0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Nickell avatar image Seth Nickell kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
oh, sorry, I had to enter edit mode to get the model number from copy paste on my ipad (I don't understand why you can't copy non-editable text???), and I messed up the message, I'll try to take the time to rewrite the question
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Seth Nickell avatar image
Seth Nickell answered ·

my goto next step is to buy one of the new victron ip65 chargers @ 5a, and try giving that a bunch of time. I have another BAT5214120410 from the same batch that’s been in use and still going strong, so I wouldn’t mind picking up one of the ip65 chargers anyway, if there’s any chance this might bring this just-uncrated-yet-already-old battery back

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Worth a try

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

0,5V at the terminals are 0,12V at the cells.

You may be able to get the battery back to "life" but you will never can use the full power of the battery. The cells are damaged.

Only charge the battery under supervision and as soon as possible connect a BMS to the battery.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic