question

cohenfive avatar image
cohenfive asked

Smartshut Won't Stay Connected...

I have a smartshunt attached to the battery of our camper trailer. The first few weeks connectivity was fine, and since then it has been terrible. This is the second time I've been unable to connect via bluetooth, standing right next to the battery and smartshunt (maybe 1 foot away with no metal objects in between). I guess I can un-pair it and re-pair it again, but if I have to continue doing this every time I want to see what is going on with my battery it is going to get old really fast. Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated. I know these devices get very good ratings, but so far my experience has not been good. Thanks.

SmartShuntBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

Try a different model phone. Some phones have real issues.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Please explain you issue a bit more.

Do you see the SmartShunt in the VictronConnect device list and can't connect or do you not see it in the device list?

2 |3000

frankdg avatar image
frankdg answered ·

Hi all

I have a similar problem since a few days......

I use an "older" iPhone 6 (without simcard) only to monitoring the Smart Shunt and both MPPT plus a IP22 via BT

All Victron devices are also showed in the BT-list....

Since a few days the Smart Shunt stops "measuring" and the info stays "blocked"

I disconnected already a few times de 12V (by open the little fuseholder) from the Smart Shunt near de Lifepo4 battery

The connections by the fuseholder are clean and ok.....

I delete already a few times de Victron app from the iPhone 6 and re-installed

I delete all "history" from de iPhone and and switch them complete off

When I see that the Smart Shunt stops measuring I am going out of the app by touching the "arrow" left on top....

Than I "delete" the last pages I opened ( during the test it was only the "page" from the Smart Shunt

When I open than again the Victron app the BT-signal next the Smart Shunt icon is back there and the "measuring" starts again....

I use also a iPhone 7 and I did the same test with the same results......

What could be the cause ?

Best Regards

Frank

2 |3000