question

xyzt avatar image
xyzt asked

Blue Smart IP65, calcium battery

I am interested in purchasing Victron Blue Smart IP65, which is explained in the manual:
https://www.victronenergy.pl/upload/documents/Folder-A5-Blue-Smart-IP65-Charger-230V_PL_web.pdf

The table recommends 5A for "classic" and 15A for "modern" (while limiting batteries to 50-150 Ah). I have a hybrid car, but a rather old type battery - calcium 45Ah (originally installed at the Toyota factory, 2021).

Does the above limitation preclude my battery? (45 <50, which is given here as a minimum)

I mention that I want to charge without disconnecting the battery from the system.

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Usually the battery makers specify charge rates and parameters.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

xyzt avatar image
xyzt answered ·

I know the charging parameters. I am asking about the range (50-150 in the manual when mine is 45) and about the stability of the charger voltage, so I do not ask about my battery, but about the charger.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If you know the parameters, why are you asking the question? Charging voltage, current, absorption, float for your battery are all a mystery to us. All we can say about the statement you quote is that it is a guideline. But choice should be based on specifics.

2 |3000

xyzt avatar image
xyzt answered ·

You are not reading the question completely? Why do you answer if you don't want to answer?

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Because you don't give us the necessary information.
0 Likes 0 ·
xyzt avatar image xyzt kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

I found a charger, the manufacturer of which (CTEK) provides the necessary data, so the problem is over.

0 Likes 0 ·
xyzt avatar image
xyzt answered ·

My post was deleted. This confirms the correctness of the impression that Victron in its offer and even in the manual do not expressly express itself as if it had something to hide.

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@xyzt

There are no deleted posts in this thread. If it were a Comment, just hit the 'Show' button, which is often needed if you arrive via a link.

2 |3000

xyzt avatar image
xyzt answered ·

I unnecessarily rolled out a sad words.
So a sincere apology.

PS. At Ctek, it is also difficult to find out something in detail, so I guess these are that times for us: head in Europe, hands in China - too long a distance for communication to go well.

1 comment
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
It's ok @xyzt, these are frustrating times for all.

I'm not really familiar personally with these devices, but what you're reading is just a 'Guide'. I very much doubt your smaller battery precludes anything, but just be aware that a larger unit may exceed recommended charge rates for the battery. That wouldn't worry me, as V would usually limit charge, but it's your choice.

I'm sure Victron would love to have you as a happy customer.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic