question

spyrosteven avatar image
spyrosteven asked

problem that is not in the manual, Please Help!

Help
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Check the Victron Toolkit phone app. It has more LED codes than the manual, but not all.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@spyro.steven

Switch the unit off. Physically disconnect all AC inputs and Outputs. Switch it back on.

If the problem persists, it is damaged. If it does not then:-

• Either your wiring is not right,
  • Or you are massively overloading the system beacuse it is undersized and the inverter and battery is taking a beating.

Get a GX device and use that for further system monitoring. It is so much easier than dealing with codes, it shows on screen in plaon language and you can see if you are overloading as well as monitoring the battery.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

spyrosteven avatar image spyrosteven commented ·

Hi Alexandra.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

I don't know what a GX divice is and or where to connect it.

Haw ever if I turn the inverter to off position and run the generator, then to on position the system works fine.

After some time, I turn the generator off and the system works fine for several hours even days.

When it detects low battery, I guess, it goes to this state and never recover as usual after the batteries get charged by the solar systems.

This happened 2 weeks ago. Before that it worked fine.

This is located I my summer home in Greece, up in the mountains were is 50cm of snow now and the access is limited.

I have to know exactly what to do before someone else gets there, since I am in Florida USA now. I have cameras and alarm systems that works with satellite if there is power of course.

Thanks again.

Steve.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

GX device is a system controller that can be set up to give you internet reporting via Victron's VRM web site. Look up/download the manual for Victron Cerbo GX or colour control GX. You'll need a data connection on site, of course.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@spyro.steven

The GX range explanation and links can be found here.

The first three are ones used most commonly on home installs.

You can even set it up to remote start the generator if necessary for maintenance if your generator is able to receive the signal.

When an inverter first connects to a generator it synchronises and power assists on connection. I think that is where the overload and low battery may be happening. Since it does not happen all the time. You have been getting around that by switching if off then running loads and connecting on higher battery. By the time the charge is higher the batteries are able to assist. Just a theory as this is an internet diagnosis.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic