question

puiu-chiselita avatar image
puiu-chiselita asked

Using 2 BlueSolar MPPT 100/50 in parallel

Hello dear community,

Wish you a happy new year!

I am an electronic engineer, but completely new to solar stuff.

I have 2 BlueSolar MPPT 100/50 connected:

1) 4x similar solar panels in parallel, each panel about 250 watt, vmp about 30vdc, imp about 8.4A

2) 4x of same solar panels, but different connection, combination series-parallel - 2 + 2 in series and both groups in parallel, delivering about 60vdc (2x vmp).

Battery bank is 24vdc, not sure about capacity.

Question is - can I connect the OUTPUTs of both MPPT 100/50 in parallel to the same battery bank?

Thank you, Puiu

battery chargingmppt chargingbattery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Outputs, yes, no problem.

But you would be better connecting the osralell panels in two series pairs. The MPPT will not start charging until it sees actual battery voltage plus 5V. So if your 24V batteries are at 27V, charging won't start until the MPPT sees 32V from the panels.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

puiu-chiselita answered ·

Thank you!

2 |3000

puiu-chiselita answered ·

So, basically is a buck converter with a minimum of 5vcc drop... I got this now... I was dreaming about a buck-boost configuration :-)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic