question

rl avatar image
rl asked

Charging by shore Power and SmartSolar - VE.Smart network

Hello,

i m currently setting up a system for a liveaboard vessel - meaning mostly connected to (expensive) shore power, 24/7 consumption on both, 230v AC and 24DC systems.

There is space and will for a PV-system with about 1kw peak.

I'd prefer to install a BlueSmart IP22 charger for Shore Power and a SmartSolar MPPT fitting to the PV-panels.

English (latest?) version of the VE.Smart Network Manual tells the two chargers will "synchronise charging process" - with no further explanation how.

Is there priority for the MPPT to deliver the max. available power (if needed) while the AC charger is "second priority"?

Would be happy about some further details on this!

thanks a lot,

R. Lamersdorf

MPPT SmartSolarbluesmart ip22VE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rl avatar image
rl answered ·

update: i get that the IP22 is the master, dictating it's own charge-algorythm to the slave(s) aka MPPTs. Thats ok, but it doesnt tell wich of the devices does the work...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

januss avatar image januss commented ·

I have the same issue. How do I get the mppt to deliver maximum and only use ip22 if mppt power is to low.

0 Likes 0 ·
eric-f avatar image
eric-f answered ·

I'd like to hear from Victron on this also. The latest IP22 data sheet says:

Synchronized parallel charging Synchronize up to ten battery chargers in a VE.Smart network to make them charge a battery as if they were one large charger. The chargers will synchronize the charge algorithm between them. They will simultaneously switch from one charge state to another, for example from bulk to absorption.  

I'd be using an IP22 with a SmartSolar 100/30 and BMV-712. Hopefully, the IP22 can sync with the SmartSolar and get battery temp and voltage from the BMV-712.

2 |3000