question

merten avatar image
merten asked

Multiplus 3000 24V - all lights on, stopped working

My multiplus stopped working. All lights are on solid. What is the problem? Firmware is 2012142, so it has the old microprocessor.

alllightson.jpg

multiple inverters
alllightson.jpg (546.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@merten

Something possibly died. I assume you have not opened / stripped it at all? If you did check everything is connected where it should be with the right orientation. Like ribbons etc.

Have you tried connecting to it with an adaptor and config or connect?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

merten avatar image
merten answered ·

Thanks for your reply Alexandra. I opened it up and noticed two missing screws on the PCBA. I found one of them. The ribbon cable on the bottom right seemed slightly loose, pushed it in and it works again. Makes a strange loud humming noise now, once in a while, not always. I hope that missing screw is not trapped in a bad place. I'll rework it all when back at home and put Loctite on all screws. inkedlostscrewsribbonloose.jpg

2 |3000

merten avatar image
merten answered ·

More trouble. The inverter is now dead. The transformer fell off, the bolts worked themselves through the metal case. I noticed when I smelled burned electronics. The loose ribbon cable I fixed before (see above) was probably related to this internal disintegration, the heavy coil was pulling on the cable (see broken ribbon cable).

I love all my Victron stuff but what is the solution here? Has anything improved with the internal structure of the case and how transformers are mounted? I understand that this product was designed for marine usage, not for vans and I am afraid this will happen again if I buy another one.

Thanks for your advise

img-8468.jpg img-8466.jpg img-8463.jpg

img-8463.jpg (179.1 KiB)
img-8466.jpg (1.3 MiB)
img-8468.jpg (1.6 MiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic