question

Rob Westermann avatar image
Rob Westermann asked

Howto remove a temperature sensor widget in VRM?

Took a ruuvi temperature sensor out of range from the Cerbo GX. Deleted the sensor in the Remote Console. Rebooted the Cerbo. Everything worked over there as it should and expected. However, the deleted sensor stays depicted in the VRM dashboard. Running Venus OS 2.80~33.

PS. Do like this functionality (be able to use ruuvi sensors) very much!

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Try VRM - Device List - Delete Device.

I don't have a Ruuvi sensor, but temperature sensors directly attached to Cerbo GX can be deleted there, if no longer used/present.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Westermann avatar image Rob Westermann commented ·
Thank you Seb71 but your advice is incorrect. Temperature sensors do not show up via VRM -> Device List -> Delete Device. The Ruuvi sensors (not fully supported yet) show up via the Advanced tab and then via a click on the Widgets symbol (upper right-hand corner of the screen). I merely raised this issue expecting an answer from the Victron staff hopefully with a timeline when this issue will be fixed.
0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Rob Westermann commented ·
Well, I said that I don't have any Ruuvi sensor and I only know where temperature sensors directly attached to Cerbo can be deleted from VRM.

If you already looked there, you did not mentioned in the OP.

0 Likes 0 ·
pulquero avatar image
pulquero answered ·

I have encountered the same problem. Temperature sensors don't appear in the VRM device list, so there is no way to remove old ones. Also temperature charts under Advanced are missing the 4-arrow expand/maximise icon. Every other chart has it.

2 |3000