question

julzb avatar image
julzb asked

Pylontech LV hub disconnects from Cerbo GX when the inverter receives mains

Hello,

I have a system with 12 x US3000 batteries connected in series of 3 (4 banks) via an LV hub-CAN to a Cerbo GX device.

Initially, we had challenges with the LV hub staying connected to the Cerbo GX. After a few days of operation, the Cerbo GX would no longer see the batteries and the inverter (8000va/48V) x 2 connected in parallel would shut down. We fixed this by updating the firmware of the LV-hub to V1.7.

Now we observed that the system is stable in off-grid mode. I.E. No active grid connected. but when the grid is active the after a few minutes the GX will lose connection with the batteries and the inverter and charge controller will shut down as a precaution.

Has anyone experienced this before, kindly advise on what the issue might be? See full system specs below

Pylontech - US3000 x 12
Victron 8000va/48/230 x 2 (parallel)
Victron 150/100 VE.can & 250/100 VE.can
400W units of PV modules x 35
Cerbo GX
Lynx Distributor

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) @Ned Yu (Pylontech)

cerbo gxPylontechpylontech lv hub
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

julzb avatar image julzb commented ·

Hello everyone. @Ned Yu (Pylontech)

Hope you had a nice Christmas holiday. Please just a quick reminder on the question above.
Thanks. Julian

0 Likes 0 ·
troides avatar image troides commented ·

Hi julzb, I have very similar configuration. Also had some isues with LV-hub. note: 1. use right cable conected between slave-master batteries in each cluster - in each cluster interconnect batteries (use 8pin patch cable) 2. connect master battery from cluster 4 into master battery cluster 3...2...1 (use 8pin cable) 3. master battery cluster 1 will be connected int LV-HUB with right cable (1-3 pinout cable - only pin 4,5,6,7,8 are in use) after system of batteries is working, switch DIP switch on master battery cluster 1 to (pin 2 ON) and then switch ON LV-hub on LV hub check, if it recognises 4 clusters (true is, that they are all connected into LV HUB only with 1 cable)

0 Likes 0 ·
julzb avatar image julzb troides commented ·
Thanks for your comment. Batteries all seem to be working plus hub recognizes all 4 clusters so no issues there. My latest discovery is that connection is stable when the batteries are connected to the VE.can port instead for the BMS can port but I need the Ve.Can port for the MPPT's.

It's very frustrating.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
julzb avatar image
julzb answered ·

Hello,

Does anyone have any help to give on the above issue? I have tried resetting the whole system and still the same result.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nico Bayer avatar image Nico Bayer commented ·
Do you have the Can termination resistor installed?
0 Likes 0 ·
julzb avatar image
julzb answered ·

UPDATE:
I have been unable to resolve the issue with the system connected via BMS-CAN.

My solution: I moved the battery CAN cable from the BMS-CAN port on the GX to the VE.CAN port and used VE.Direct cables to connect the 2 charge controllers to the GX.

Doing this stabilized the system and it is working perfectly.

No resolve for the system when connected to the BMS-CAN port.

2 |3000