question

jgy67 avatar image
jgy67 asked

Best pratice deployment with Venus Gx, bnv702 and multiple mppt charge controller

It seems that there are a few topics that covers multiple mppt etc.

I Just Wonder, Whats the best pratice setup if you have

Venus Gx

2 Smart solar mppt 100/35

BmV702

Multiplus

--

Im particulary conserned about :

-making the charge controllers play well i sync

-Utilize common voltage and temp sence from the bmv702

Is there available any illustrations, White papers etc.

Thanx

battery chargingBMV Battery MonitorModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
David Foret (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
David Foret (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

By selecting DVCC function in the Venus GX, the system will use the BMV voltage and temp sensor as a reference to efficiently charge the batteries.

There is not charge phase synchronization yet on the MPPTs but that will come with the Smart Dongle.

For now, make sure the DC cables on your MPPTs are equal gauge and lenght (meaning equal cabling resistance) and your MPPTs should change from Bulk to Absorption and Float at just about the same time (or very close)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

net4gpve avatar image
net4gpve answered ·

Hello,

Besides the multiple MPPT as described a common configuration is one BlueSolar MPPT with one multiplus with AC input. There are several possibilities where both the Multiplus and the BlueSolar MPPT will attempt to charge the battery bank. In this case, I wonder :

1/ how to achieve a synchronous charge by the two equipments. I would think that the DVCC function in the GX will not be sufficient since the charge profiles may be different between BlueSolar MPPT and multiplus.

2/ will the smart dongle solve this ?

3/ what is the timeline to get this smart dongle available (I could not see any info on Victron Energy's website.

Thanks in advance your comments.

pve

2 |3000