question

bob-delzellm-on avatar image
bob-delzellm-on asked

Use of AC-Out-2

I'd like to use the AC-Out-2 to charge my starter battery and my bow thruster batteries. Can I split the output or run two lines from the AC-Out-2 to the batteries? One sits near the Inverter/Charger and the other is 20' away.

ac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Yes. In that regard, AC-Out-2 is no different the AC-Out-1. AC-Out-2 could even be connected to a subpanel from which multiple loads are drawn. In a very basic configuration, you could have a surge protector connected to AC-Out-2 and then plug multiple items into the surge protector.

Just in case you're not aware, AC-Out-2 does not function unless the inverter is receiving AC-input from grid or generator.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

piraya avatar image
piraya answered ·

Not a normal configuration, but just to mention it: You could also connect the truster battery charger to OUT-1, so it is always fully charged (by the house battery), not only when AC in is awailable. Note that this is a charge circuit with higher energy loss (through both inverter and charger).

This could be useful for heavy truster usage a windy morning (when the truster battery is half empty after a windy afternoon mooring the day before).

I have instead connected my truster directly at my 1000 Ah house battery so there is always plenty of both energy and current, and I save weight or increase house capacity (whichever you choose) instead of a separate battery.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic