question

bbmz avatar image
bbmz asked

ESS (Mode 3) - 3 phase - different MultiPlus 2 sizes

Hello,

I am interested in adding a ac-coupled battery-system using a set of 3 MultiPlus 2 inverter to a already working pv-system.
Since there is a asymmetry in pv-inverter sizes (and in consumption too - heatpump on 1 phase) my favourite configuration would be the combined usage of 5kVA (L1, L2) and a 10kVA (L3) MultiPlus 2 units. Is this „asymmetric“ configuration in ESS mode 3 possible?

Regards

Michael

Multiplus-IIESS3 phase
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bbmz avatar image
bbmz answered ·

For other users in future:

It is possible to use MultiPlus II inverters in an „unbalanced“ configuration. I can confirm that (at least in ESS mode 3) the usage of 2 MP on L1 and only 1 MP on L2 and L3 is possible. All inverters are - in my case - MultiPlus II 48/5000.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bbmz avatar image
bbmz answered ·

For other users: regarding to this discussion

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/113389/combining-multiplus-ii-3000-and-5000.html?childToView=113943#comment-113943

there is no option to use different devices in a multi-phase or parallel system. The only option seems to be to add additional inverters (of the same type and size).

It seems, that you can add devices on the appropiate phases only. Unfortunately this is still unconfirmed…

2 |3000