question

sgour avatar image
sgour asked

Home hydroelectric videos

Hello,

I have a pond (approximately 17 feet deep, 250feet x 100feet…measured many years ago, water rights information shows 5 acre feet). It has a 6 perhaps 8 inch drain that goes through a dam. The drain is reduced to 4 perhaps 2 inches (haven’t been down there in years) with a large shutoff valve. The valve when open creates a lot of pressure (PSI???…much greater than average home pressure…I’m thinkIng close to fire hose pressure). From what I’ve seen on line, this setup (after generator installed, etc.) could possibly be enough pressure to generate enough power to run my house (average). I’m not looking to generate more than a few hundred watts right now (money, time, complexity), but just wondering what steps to take to get this started. I haven’t come across any videos with step by step instructions (clear, concise) regarding install, products, etc. Looking for both DYI and commercial options.

I’m posting a short (vague) question to get things started. Happy to add more details if necessary.

Thank you,

Shawn

Hydro and Wind Power
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sgour avatar image
sgour answered ·

BTW, my question is…where can I find the most helpful/comprehensive/thorough video(s) about home hydroelectric install, etc.?

Thanks,

Shawn

Didn’t know how to edit my statement above

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic