question

lotus111 avatar image
lotus111 asked

Checking diagram of an 24V 1000Ah Lead-Gel configured as 5x (2x12V 200Ah)

24v-1000ah-batterie-diagramm.jpgHi all,

We have the challenge that we need to provide a batterie for a Off Grid open environment (construction site).

We have only control of the battery box (All in the Diagram) the rest like charger & solar panels we have no access and no control of it. So therefore, we would like to protect the Battery at least from deep discharge <= 22V

Details:

• Power Consumption of the Load Mid is 75W/h => Peak 150W/h
  • Power Input from Solar Power is Max 450W for a Very short time.
  • The Capacity is 24V 1000Ah Lead-Gel configured 5x (2x12V 200Ah)

Victron equipment:

• 1x BMV-712 Smart
  • 1x Smart Battery Protect => I believe this would generate a Problem when Charging::?
  • 1x Battery Balancer

The large size of the battery is because the place (construction site) is in a valley between mountains and therefore the Sun is only a vew hours or sometimes now in the winter no sun for several Days and it is coold +8° to - 20°(extrem at some nights)

Could you check the diagram and guide me to a proper wiring, that would be great

Any help appreciated, thx in advance

BMV Battery MonitorBattery Protectwiring diagramBattery Balancer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lotus111 avatar image
lotus111 answered ·

Question closed

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I think your cable sizes are too small. And you're going to have problems charging the batteries.

1 comment
2 |3000

lotus111 avatar image lotus111 commented ·
I know the cables are small, but as the currents are realy low towards the batteries it just should be OK.

Yes we are very on the limit regards the solarpanel input and thats why i belive the batt protection is crucial.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron BMV battery monitors product page

Victron BatteryProtect product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic