question

martinis-thanasis avatar image
martinis-thanasis asked

Cerdo Gx issues on a Marine installation

Hello,

I need some assistance.

On a marine installation with:

• Cerbo gx v.2.73
  • Phoenix inverter 24/3000 two units configured in parallel connected via Ve.Bus update on latest firmware on September
  • BMV 712 with Shunt 1000A connected via VE.Direct
  • 2 Skylla-i 24/100A 1+1 output in parallel connected via Ve.Can
  • 24V1800Ah battery bank from OPzS 2v 800Ah cells
  • GX LTE 4G
  • ET 112 connected via RS485 to USB interface

1. When ever we close the inverter to Off manually from the setting in Cerbo gx an "VE.Bus Error 3: Not all, or more than, the expected devices were found in the system" occur. Even when it is disabled the error from the Ve.Bus error settings in Cerbo. When we tern off the chargers we do not have any issues or when the inverters are on.
    How can tern them off thru Cerbo with out the error?
  2. Is in need any additional setting to the Skylla-i in order to charge the battery together? Except from the battery chemistry.
cerbo gxVE.BusSkylla
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

The VE.Bus error 3 when switching off a system rings a bell, but I’m not exactly sure what the issue is. I’ll find out and get back to you.

For the Skylla-i, not further settings are necessary.

Best regards, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

martinis-thanasis avatar image
martinis-thanasis answered ·

on my last tests it give me periodily 'VE.Bus Error 10: System time synchronisation problem occurred' for 10 to 30 sec.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Martinis Thanasis,

Can you try a different/new VE.Bus cable between the inverters? It seems that the processor in one of the inverters remains powered. This inverter will cast the errors since it lost communication with the other inverter. A combination of two lines in RJ45 cable ensures that the inverter can enter low power off mode when switched off through the Cerbo.

A connection problem in these lines could explain the issue.

Kind regards,

Jos

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Martinis Thanasis

A time sync error is not exactly an error or actually a problem.

See ve bus codes.

2 |3000