question

suggarman avatar image
suggarman asked

changing AC current limit via Cerbo GX and digital input

Hello,

how can i set the ac input current limit to 10A if a digital input on the Cerbo GX gets closed?

Its a 3 phase Multiplus II 5000 with BYD LVS and solaredge via AC1. All firmware is up to date.

current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@suggarman

You may be able to adapt this assistant, using the aux inputs or something. I am not sure never tried on a three phase. I suppose technically all three phases would need to have the signal to do so as the charge current is set on all of them as a third of the total.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

js92 avatar image
js92 answered ·

You can use venus large with node red to do this.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:large

2 comments
2 |3000

suggarman avatar image suggarman commented ·
Thanks for your replys. It is not that easy as i expected. I will only need the ac input limitation in case of a blackout and this is not often in germany :-) So manually changing the limit in the cerbo before wiring and starting the generator would be an option too.

I have a lot of smarthome based on openhab. I think it could be an option, to change the modbus registers 22 (active input current limit) or 2326 (ac current limit) and 2901 (ESS minimum soc unless grid fails) to get the batteries charged at 80-90% of generator power which is about 10A per phase.

0 Likes 0 ·
js92 avatar image js92 suggarman commented ·

Both ways are possible.

in the image you can see an example with Node red.

1637837107561.png

if the digital input is on the ac input current is 10A

if the digital imput is or off, the input current is 16A

0 Likes 0 ·
1637837107561.png (33.6 KiB)
suggarman avatar image
suggarman answered ·

I did some testing and now i am able to set "input current limit" via openhab 3.

There seems to be an other issue with openhab that i can not acces multiple modbus-slaves with same IP adress and different ID... No Victron problem :-)

The main problem got more difficult now. The multilpus do not exept my generator as input because of the LOM-setting. I need to disable LOM when running on generator. This requires a change in setup (uploading a setup for generator use) which could not be programmed from outside.

I did not expect such a problem when buying the victrons.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic