question

russ avatar image
russ asked

ET340/ PV on output

I think this question is what i am asking, the answer seems to be yes, its fine, but then some issues arose, so i thought i'd double check.

I want to use a single ET340 to both monitor total grid usage, for both direct loads and via the multiplus, and also monitor solar production on 'output' connected ac coupled PV.

Is this connection acceptable?

(Electrically, i don't see it as any different to 3 phase going off to multiple multi-pluses. )

Unfortunately, while the microinverters report their production via a console, the noise from the multiplus seems to disrupt the power line communication, so they typically report very infrequently. I'm hoping the ET340 will show (more) accurate production. I realise ESS will sort it out anyway, but i'd like to know what is going on.

1637732506872.png

Energy MeterAC PV Coupling
1637732506872.png (57.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The manual shows something like that but there is the PV inverter on the input.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:et340
Not sure if it will work like you want to do it.

I think the easiest way would be to use two ET112, they have almost the same price as one ET340.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

russ avatar image russ commented ·
except i have an et340...
1 Like 1 ·
pletexmatt16 avatar image
pletexmatt16 answered ·

@Russ have you tried the wiring you posted? Is it working as you expected? Specifically, I'm interested in connection of terminals 4 and 5. Can they be split and used separately for input of Multi (4) and PV inverter on output of Multi (5)?

2 |3000

maa avatar image
maa answered ·

Bonjour,

Je confirme que le ET340 peut fonctionner ainsi, toutefois les bornes 4 et 5 doivent être fusionnées avant de partir ailleurs comme l'AC-in par exemple.

2 |3000