question

Sander van Noort avatar image
Sander van Noort asked

Multiplus dead after 2620490 firmware

Hello,

My ESS with 2x 48/3000/50 (Parallel, one phase) system worked well, after updating to firmware 2620490 the second Multiplus is going to overload after switching on.

Removed the Parallel function, reset to stand alone, still the same.
(Of course removed all AC in- and out to test)

Flashing the Firmware back to 2620433 did NOT solved the problem, flashing the firmware was without problems.
You hear the Inverter wants to start, as you hear the Transformer a short period.

How can this happend? The system worked well for some years.
Is the Multiplus dead, and must be repaired? Or any other suggestions?

Regards,

Sander van Noort
Germany

PS. The first Multiplus is now setup as Standalone, and is working fine with the 2620490.
In winter i can live with one, but is sommer i need the extra power for a heatpump.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I had a similar problem last week on a 4 x multiplus 24 volt 3000 in parallel after upgrading all firmware to 490 as we were adding a 4th unit and so the firmware on all 4 needed to be the same - two of the older units were/seemed dead after the update and they could not be seen on the VE.bus (no assistants were being used at this stage) however a VE.fash was possible

I reflashed both with the same firmware 490 again and both came alive again, then I resetup the 4 in parallel and everything is working fine. (Still no assistants needed or install as its a LA battery).

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sander van Noort avatar image
Sander van Noort answered ·

it's even more strange now.

The second Multiplus, flashed with 2620433, was one week off. Only DC was still connected.
Today i did put it on, and it's working. Flashing to 2620490 and starting without any issue.
Is it possible that flashing to 2620490 leaves some RAM variables in an uncorrect state?

It's working now, but is leaving a strange taste to me.
Is this an issue with firmwareupgrades or not?

Regards,
Sander van Noort

2 |3000