question

wolle4000 avatar image
wolle4000 asked

How can I disable AC1 (Vitron Multiplus II) in dependance of SoC ?

I have a Solar Powered System with a Victron Multiplus II + Cerbo GX + MPPT150/30 + Pylontech Batteries.

I want to disable AC1 (Grid 230V Input) when the SoC is higher than 10%.

Or , other solution; I want to charge only with Solar Power and not with Grid POwer (AC1) when the SoC is higher than 10% (or 20%, 30%,...)

Is there a possibility to program the Multiplus II or is it only possible with the GenSet on/off function and a relay from the Cerbo GX?

Thanks in Advance!

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxSOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

You can use an AUX input on the Multiplus to the relay on the cerbo. Use the start generator function to activate relay below 10%.

Then use the general flag assistant on the multiplus to ignore AC when aux 1 not triggered.

Is there a reason you aren't just using ESS?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wolle4000 avatar image wolle4000 commented ·
Thanks for answering...in past I only had a system in my motorhome. But this setup is for my home. I have heard about ESS, but I don`t know how I can use this ?
0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake wolle4000 commented ·

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/ess-introduction---features.html
This guide from Victron is very good and has lots of info.
For fixed applications you will want to run ESS.

This allows you run as much as possible on Solar and use batteries when no sun.
You just set a minimum SOC and the system handles the rest.

0 Likes 0 ·
Dennis Leth Andersen avatar image
Dennis Leth Andersen answered ·

Yes agree. I have also just installed at ESS system based on two MP-II 48/5000, and it work very well. All settings regarding SOC and when to run on grid can easily be setup.

2 |3000

kalito avatar image
kalito answered ·

@DennisAWD and @shaneyake what of in instances where ESS is not possible like in 19xx series inverters? Oddly Victron deprecated Hub Assistants in preference of ESS which is not supported in old microprocessor inverters. I have been using ESS on a Multi II and works like a charm but I have an application on a Multi I with old micro

1 comment
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·
You can use the Cerbo or CCGX relay via Generator control to trigger ignore AC using virtual switch on those older units or using assistants.
0 Likes 0 ·