question

chris-3 avatar image
chris-3 asked

Fuse monitoring with Lynx distributor and Lynx Shunt

Hi all,

According to what I've read in the manual for the Lynx Distributor, it is not possible to get blown fuse information across VE.CAN unless there is a BMS in the system; i.e. a Distributor + a Lynx Shunt will not produce the required messaging to the GX interface panel. Is this really correct? What a huge missed opportunity if so.

Thanks

Chris

fuseslynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi Chris,

Yes that is indeed correct, unfortunately. Our next generation Lynx Shunt will have that functionality.

Available somewhere second half of year I’d exp 2022.

best regards, Matthijs

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

svenmueller avatar image svenmueller commented ·
Are there any news about when the new Shunt might become available?

We were quite disappointed when we learned that the Shunt (which we only bought recently) doesn't actually allow this already - Especially since one setup tool or app (I forgot which one, sorry) even shows 4 slots for distributors, but they never populate (for obvious reasons).

It's a pity we will need to replace the Shunt if we want this functionality.

1 Like 1 ·
logofreak avatar image
logofreak answered ·

Any updates on this? I just bought the lynx shunt with the hopes it would do exactly what the two previous messages have stated. Do I return the lynx shunt I just bought and wait for the new one?

1 comment
2 |3000

rulexi avatar image rulexi commented ·
Ditto to logofreaks' question, I purchased the shunt and two distributors June 2023 and would like the blown fuse info sent to the CERBO.
0 Likes 0 ·
giampaolo avatar image
giampaolo answered ·

I bought a Lynxs shunt a few weeks ago (not yet installed) and accordingly to latest information it does not send information about blown fuses to the system. We must consider it as a very expensive fuse holder. I have another question to those who have the lynx shunt installed and working. How often you have blown fuses?

1 comment
2 |3000

rulexi avatar image rulexi commented ·
Zero, I got the fuse sold by Victron, not a cheap copy.
0 Likes 0 ·
coleo avatar image
coleo answered ·

[@Victron] Do you have an update on this? I have the Lynx Shunt and a Distributor, yet no data shows in the application still.

Would this be a firmware update or a completely new product?

Thanks,

Jason

2 |3000

logofreak avatar image
logofreak answered ·

No phone number to call for support or ask questions, the least you can do VICTRON is reply to question. The updated lynx shunt was supposed to be released a year ago, what’s the update? Plenty of people bought the shunt without realizing it won’t do what we expected.

2 |3000

ladik avatar image
ladik answered ·

Unfortunately, Victron cheated us quite a bit with the Lynx Shunt product because it doesn't do what it's supposed to do properly. Why doesn't my communication cable to the distributor's Lynx fuses communicate? What is the cable there for? Overpriced product, unfortunately. And even Victron's attempt to answer here. Neither firmware nor new product. Oh no.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic