question

dee-ess avatar image
dee-ess asked

Requirement to remotely (local) shutdown 3 multiplus II and BYD battery system

I have a regulatory requirement, on my house build, for the building power to be shut off from the building by using an emergency stop button, located at my main entrance door. The button and wiring is in position and I can issue a command/signal in many different ways, through my KNX/Control4 control system, including using the Victron modbus register through the an Intesis gateway.

Question is; what is the actual process to make the Cerbo do what I want. I have tried using the writable MODBUS commands (limited) with no consequential actions. Can I issue a signal direct to the programmable input on the MP's?

CCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dee-ess avatar image dee-ess commented ·

I guess that no-one has an idea about this???

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Dee Ess

Nothing software minded like you proposed.

There is the option of the safety switch in programmable relays for an emergency stop button.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dee-ess avatar image
dee-ess answered ·

Do I need VE config to use this switch? What cable is required?

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Dee Ess

You will need ve config to program in the assistant, see the link

But it can be wired with 2 core cable in to the aux or whatever you program and a normal emergency switch like you find on machinery. It does not shut down the whole system but it does disconnect all ac loads until the switch is released.

You can have a look at the options in demo mode in ve config.

0 Likes 0 ·
dee-ess avatar image dee-ess Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I don't think that will work then. I need to to fully shut the system down. I have a pulse emergency stop button an the main entrance which will instruct my control system to issue the command to the Victrons. I can issue any command from the control system to the victron kit (Modbus, volt free etc) but it must shut the system down so it requires a black (manual) start.
0 Likes 0 ·
dee-ess avatar image
dee-ess answered ·

So this modbus switch isn't really available/useable? I was told by victron that this was useable prior to specifying the system!

com.victronenergy.inverter Inverter on/off/eco 3126 uint16 1 0 to 65535 /Mode yes 2=On;4=Off;5=Eco
2 comments
2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image shaneyake commented ·

Multiplus will be under com.victronenergy.vebus not inverter.
Register 33 /Mode 1=Charger Only;2=Inverter Only;3=On;4=Off

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Dee Ess

This feature is useable through the digital multi control panel. It can also work as a remote on off although not classed as emergency.

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

There is a remote terminal on the multiplus, if you use that to turn off the Master inverter the whole system would shutdown, you can also use AUX input with assistant to shutdown. This the only way I would trust in a true emergency and the only way it is pretty much guaranteed to shutdown.

You can do modbus using Register 33. 1=Charger Only;2=Inverter Only;3=On;4=Off
com.victronenergy.vebus Switch Position 33 /Mode

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I agree with shaneyake an emergency cut-off should always be a hard wired solution.
And I'm pretty sure that a software/Modbus solution is not accepted.
What happens if you have network issues or you router/switch dies?

0 Likes 0 ·
dee-ess avatar image dee-ess Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

If I use the remote terminal on the master inverter, is it just a volt free connection? If it is pulsed will it shutdown with a manual restart required?

0 Likes 0 ·
shaneyake avatar image shaneyake dee-ess commented ·
It works by, closed the inverter will run and open it will turn off.

It doesn't understand a pulse. Regular ESTOP button would work with normally closed contact.

0 Likes 0 ·
dee-ess avatar image dee-ess shaneyake commented ·

Do you know what voltage/current is across the remote terminal switch?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi Dee - dont know if this will be of help but - have a look at Kevin Weldrems GUI Mods this will allow you to fully control the Cerbo or any GX devices relay 1 and relay 2 and thus you can then turn the Inverters remote control connection on/off from that remote panel control selection

1637998771232.png

1637998771232.png (14.7 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

dee-ess avatar image dee-ess commented ·

Thanks Paul. Can you lead me through how I would enable/employ these Mods?

0 Likes 0 ·