question

czarofak avatar image
czarofak asked

Raspberry Pi, powersupply

Hello

How did you power your raspberry pi's? As you should not just cut power off, I was looking for a powersupply with a little battery to allow it to perform a clean shutdown. Sadly i have not found anything usefull.

How did you solve it?

Raspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Peter Buijs - NL avatar image
Peter Buijs - NL answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

czarofak avatar image czarofak commented ·

I have that installed already, thats a good way of doing it. But my Venus has no display, as i use HomeAssistant to control the functions.

Therefore a HW solution would preferable.

0 Likes 0 ·
dirkmuc avatar image
dirkmuc answered ·

Hi,

I use the "strompi" HAT for this. As I was not able to get the config program running under Venus OS, I used an other Pi to program the HAT.

I do not know if it is allowed to put external links into posts, so please just search for "strompi" in Google or Bing to see if it fits your needs.

2 |3000

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I have a small 5v 1A switch mode regulator that connects to the main storage battery (26Vinput). The pi then draws about 100mA from the main battery bus, (also with 2 x VE direct usb, 1 x rs485/usb and 1xMk2)this is 5 small components on a pcb. There is a diode and switch as well. This has been working fine for over a year. I have never had any issues relating to just 'cutting' the power, and only a few hangs when powering up. This pi stays on all the time. (The power is also fed to the pi via the 40 pin header, not through the 'official' power connector - I found it impossible to source a re-wireable plug for this.

2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I routinely just turn off the power to my PI and have never had an issue.

2 |3000

czarofak avatar image
czarofak answered ·

Thanks to @Kevin Windrem and his mod, i shut it down via the GUI. to power my three Pi's i am using this https://www.conrad.ch/de/p/mean-well-ddr-60g-5-hutschienen-dc-dc-wandler-din-rail-5-v-dc-10-8-a-54-w-1-x-2113543.html

2 |3000