question

john-v avatar image
john-v asked

Product Selection

Hello
I would like to add 600 watts of solar and completely upgrade the charging system on a 45' sailboat , We currently have 3 12V AGM battery banks on board (210 AH for the bow thruster, 420 AH for the house, 105 AH for the engine ) We would like to build in the option to for a drop in upgrade to LiFePo4 for the house bank in the future

I am looking for an AC charger and solar controller that are able synchronize charging with each other and also a Wakespeed Ws500 regulator coupled to a 160 amp alternator .

Would I be correct in assuming that that I could use a Smart Solar 150/70 VE.Can MPPT controller and a Skylla 12/70 (3) charger to achieve this ?

I will also be adding a BMV-712 And an ARGOfet battery isolator to the system

assuming this is the correct setup would I need any other parts to make it all work together ?

Thanks for the help

system design
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

The missing piece is the brain - you need to add a Venus-OS device so as you can monitor the system easily. This will also be needed to link to the BMS of the Li battery when installed. You don't mention adding an inverter?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic