question

scott-rosenberger avatar image
scott-rosenberger asked

Virtual Switch/Assistants tabs not available in VEConfig

New marine install...

Can't get VEConfig to show "Virtual Switch" or "Assistant" tabs...

2 Quattro 24/5000/120-2x100 120V (Two units configured as split-phase) Firmware 487 (Input 1 Shore Power --- Input 2 Generator)

Cerbo GX Firmware 2.73

Multi Control

50 Touch Display

3 SmartSolar 100/20 48V Firmware 1.59

4 Orion TS Chargers Firmware 1.06 (Charging AGM Batteries)

8 Lithium 12V 270A batteries

I wish to activate the 4 Orion Chargers whenever the Quattros have incoming AC power using the Quattros Relays

Additionally, I'd like to activate the generator any time battery voltage is less than (some predifined) voltage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...Scott

relay assistant
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Are you using a PC? @Scott Rosenberger

There is ve config and victron connect.

Assistant programming is not avalailable in victron connect yet. Assistant tab is only available if virtual switch is not active in ve config, when you tell it not to use virtual switch.

So you have to choose one or the other.

You can do something similar to virtual switch with the generator assistant

All the basic assistants are listed here.

For practicing or exploring options set up a demo product in ve config and see what options you have for your idea. It is mentioned in one of the manuals how to set up a test product without setting up a physical one.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you make a screenshot of your VEconfig?
It should be look like that:
1636394480069.png

1636394480069.png (73.9 KiB)
2 |3000

scott-rosenberger avatar image
scott-rosenberger answered ·

Ahhhh...got it!

Because of the "split phase", I needed to use VE Bus System Configurator first and it then takes me into VEConfig3

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic