question

oltorres1 avatar image
oltorres1 asked

MultiPlus 12/2000/50-50 120v Overload when connecting AC Out

HI, I installed my MultiPlus AC-in and AC-out installation instructions found on page 7 of the manual. Specifically, it states to connect AC out "From left to right: "L" (neutral), "PE" (ground) and "N" (phase). This is the opposite of the AC-in where "N" corresponds to neutral and "L" corresponsds to (phase).

My first question is, does the sequence above for AC out makes sense? Are the instructions inverting phase and neutral polarities?

Secondly, when I connect the AC-Out to load (< 100 watts, currently), I obtain an overload warning immediately, and the MultiPlus makes also a "rattling noise". So I disconnect the load rapidly. A fan also turns on momentarily.

Any suggestions to correct this issue? The battery (12 V, 206AH, 1200 Watts continuous up to 2400

Watts x 3 seconds) and AC-in seems to be working just fine. The battery changes without a glitch.

I would appreciate any help.

wiringups
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
The connection Board on the multi plus has the N and the L and Earth marked for AC1 In and AC1 OUT on them so I would be following those connections - for clarity please send a photo of your connections marking them on the photo L-N-E etc for both AC1i and ACout
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
oltorres1 avatar image
oltorres1 answered ·

img-6302.jpg (975.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
In your case ignore the manual and follow the clearly marked terminal blocks.
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The AC out is incorrectly wired Presuming thats its american wiring and that BLACK is active/Line

The wiring must be connected as per the markings ON the connection board.

ALSO PLEASE SEND A screen shot or a picture of the manual that says that as I think it maybe a manual typing mistake

1636174151655.png

1636174151655.png (3.0 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

oltorres1 avatar image oltorres1 commented ·

The manual link provided below and the booklet included (pic), both state the same message,

AC-out

The AC output cable can be connected directly to the terminal block ‘AC-out’.

From left to right: “L” (neutral), “PE” (earth) and “N” (phase)

Thank you for the answers!img-6302.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
img-6302.jpg (975.5 KiB)
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Always download the latest manual.

It appears a typo crept into the earlier versions.

2 |3000

oltorres1 avatar image
oltorres1 answered ·

UPDATE: I followed your recommendations to follow the terminal block nomenclature, and that fixed the issue. Now the MultiPlus is functioning according to expectations and its intended design with my system. Thank you All!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Wiring Unlimited Book

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic