question

lop avatar image
lop asked

No Answer on Request VE.CAN connected TO Cerbo GX

Hi. Can somebody help me.

I try to communicate with a Cerbo GX with the Ve.CAN and a can Analyser.

My CAN_analyse_tool detect the bus on 250Kbps. So I know that the Can is connected.

But when I send a simple request like explain on the Victron VREGS Manual I dont receive any answer

For example I send

7.0.0.EF.20.40 0x66 0x99 0x01 0x00 0x01 0x02 0xFF 0xF

And receive no answer.

Thanks for you help

cerbo gxVE.Can
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

First of all back to the basics for testing first - is the canbus wiring in correctly -

Please send a diagram showing how the can bus is wired to the connecting devices, please show all devices in Terminators -power input- Backbone and spur connections, -its best to know that this is correct before we start looking at other stuff.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lop avatar image
lop answered ·

Hi Paul B. Thank you for your answer.

The canbus is wiring correctly and we receive some answer. We have experience of canbus with other type of material.

I configure the cerbo by open the Nmea MESSAGE and it works. I receive a lot of messages from the NMEA devices.

Do you have the NMEA traduce files for Victron materials?

Can you help me to explain how to discuss by can messages.

For example: Which precisly message to receive the battery voltage.

The messages on the VREGS manual didnt works.

Thanks for you help

Find here the diagram of the can wire

VENSTAR_Veh_Syst_v4.pdf

2 |3000

Related Resources