question

petet avatar image
petet asked

Tesla 48V with Multiplus II GX

Hi,

I am tryting to find some info on our setup. We are building a system that includes 3 x 2 Tesla batteries. The system is set up for 48V with individual BMS for each 12 cells.

I have the victron Multiplus II GX for charging and discharging the system. I am reading through the ESS guide but would be nice to know if anybody else has tried this setup before and could advise on this.

Thanks

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

I am using Tesla Model-S Packs in a 2s4p Configuration with SimpBMS and an external Shunt Trip device. The Tesla pack internal Slave BMS is used. That works without any issue for more than two years now. Please be aware that the lowest possible voltage in an ESS 41.0 Volts. If you want the highest possible life-time of your packs your usable voltage range will be 41-49,2 volts then. That is about 65-70 % oft the pack capacity.

Jens

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

petet avatar image
petet answered ·

Hi Jens,

I am now operational but have loads of questions about the battery and the ESS. Is this something you can help with please?

3 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Type "Tesla" into the search box^ ?
0 Likes 0 ·
petet avatar image petet klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Thank you. I did. But how can I ask individual people for their advice rather than the whole forum.
0 Likes 0 ·
mecae avatar image mecae commented ·
Good morning.

Is your installation work good ?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

Hi, I am in the process of building a 2S2P Tesla battery system connected to a 5kva GX Multiplus 2 unit. I just finished testing the initial 2S1P installation last night before I add the next 2 batteries. So far so good. Maxed out the charge & discharge rates to see how the batteries & inverter preforms. I've mad my own 'BMS' which will be interlocked with the inviter on overvoltage, and under voltage just the built in voltage monitor. The finished install with have heating and cooling to the batteries in an enclosure within my garage. I'll also be interlocking heat and smoke alarms into the installation for added protection. whatsapp-image-2022-05-02-at-61744-pm.jpeg

2 |3000