question

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce asked

Easy Sola Not inverting

I changed my charge settings on my 16a charge / shoreline connection, for my new lithium system, everything was fine, and the charger out in a about 60amp charge alongside orion ant about 30amps and a few amps of sola.
all was good, batteries very happy at about 98% soc. charge sources disconnect to avoid possibility of over charge, all fine, later when turned on inverter, but wouldn’t activate. Breaker on output appears blown or at least wont switch back on.

I might add, the system is composed of 2x 200ah victron smart lithium battery, in parallel in to a lynx distributor, lynx bms, and another distributor (which easy solar is connected to, as is a 30mp orion, and a battery protect for 12dv loads)

It was fairly hot when charging, but not dangerously so and there were no warnings from colour control or bms in app. (All notifications turned on)

Changed main fuse inside easy sola, no change.
perhaps need to replace breaker? But concerned it will happen again.

Please help!

battery chargingLithium BatteryEasySolar All-in-One
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
Please supply a wiring diargam of your setup or detailed pictures showing the full setup
0 Likes 0 ·
8 Answers
will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

b27c1f77-acad-499a-9587-32fda58ed8b1.jpeg

ea243614-e656-4058-8006-500805e71e05.jpegImage Caption

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

@Paul B heres some photos, excuse the messy wires, waiting on p-clips!
I changed the RCD but it would appear that is not the fault as the inverter is still not powering up and alarm LED still flashes. Main 250amp fuse also bot blown as changed it to check. Must be a fault with inverter itself, either due to using a palm router, and overloading it, or to the excessive heat from the charging, which would surprise me as its was well within the temperature parameters. Only reason I can think of is that increasing charger Amperage to 70amps from 50amps somehow overloaded the unit, but again its rated to 70amps so this would be disappointing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, W

2 |3000

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

This is pretty much the witing doagram of mu systems
44772c8d-df55-4a9c-a4ee-b9273264fbfc.png

2 |3000

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

Alarm LED @Paul B

9724a0e0-67f5-48c7-8942-4b684d7cea5c.jpeg

2 |3000

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi Will is the unit on vrm if it is please send me a vrm invite with full control and ill have a look around for you service@octopusasia.com and see if I can see anything.

another thing have you installed the VE-BMS assistant to the easysolar

The lastest firmware 489 does not require the assistant (but there is a tick box) but earlier version would require it, or the ess assistant

1 comment
2 |3000

will-bunce avatar image will-bunce commented ·
Thanks @Paul B by assistant do tou mean the CCGX? I actually tried to update the firmware in the Easy solar but it wouldn't let me as wasn't showing up in the software. As such I had to select generic lithium bot smart lithium in battery settings. This then changed anyway when I set charge voltages manually anyway.

have sent you ali k to vrm, please do let me know if you can find anything amis!

Many thanks,

w

0 Likes 0 ·
will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

FYI i also have an isolated Orion 30amp on my alternator charge, which is also connected to the right Lynx distributor, not shown on diagram.

2 |3000

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

Also, only one of the Lynx distributors shows up within VRM / Victron connect, as such I can only see fuse status on the battery side. This is a separate issue that has been the case since instal, about a month ago, have tried changing ethernet cables and fuses to no avail. Frustrating as The unit essentially now acts as a power in not distributor.

2 |3000

will-bunce avatar image
will-bunce answered ·

Sorry didn’t realise, have now sorted it, had overlooked these settings:

2 |3000

Related Resources