question

big-ste avatar image
big-ste asked

Protecting victron lithium battery in Caravan

Hi

I am about to swap out my 2 lead acid batteries for a victron lithium battery and am concerned about protecting it.

I'm planning on using the VE direct non inverting remote cable if I can extend it slightly for the solar controller. Its the positive to all the caravan electrics that concerns me, plus when hooked up to my car there will be a small charge coming from the car to the battery.

battery chargingBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dazey77 avatar image
dazey77 answered ·

Mr Weaver,

You might want to double check what drawing you uploaded ;)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

esteban avatar image
esteban answered ·

I suggest that you make sure that you have a good battery disconnect between your starting battery and your "house" battery.

Supposedly the Cyrix li-connect is made for this. You may already have something if you have lead-acid house batteries. Just make sure it disconnects the two sides when the engine is off. There are many brands.

Also highly recommend the BMV-712 for monitoring your expensive lithium. This will tell you voltage, state of charge, number of cycles and allow you to manage a relay.

I am not informed about the remote cable, so don't know which, if any, of the above functions it might perform.

2 |3000