question

gartenruhe avatar image
gartenruhe asked

RS48 / 6000 switches off the charging process in the morning

It has happened a few times now that the charge regulator no longer charges in the morning. It is now already cold in our region in the morning and my first suspicion was that the PV modules produce an overvoltage and the SCC switches off. However, no error message is reported in the app . Sometimes I have to repeat this until it continues to charge normally for the rest of the day. What can be the reason?
I also have to say that my PV system is very slightly below the maximum permissible open circuit voltage (VOC); hence the suspicion of overvoltage on cold days. But I miss the warning for such an event.

inverter rs
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Perhaps you could share the panel details and minimum expected temperature for others to determine.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

In my opinion You should stay at least 10% below the MAX OC PV voltage allowed for the MPPT Controller - to allow for over volatges as some panels can produce more than there rated specs, especially when cold, To test this Just disconnect one panel in each string and see if the issue goes away

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gartenruhe avatar image
gartenruhe answered ·

I created partial shading with a large blanket to test it; and it actually worked, but I already knew that it could happen because my panels are very slightly below the VOC. I think the new firmware is to blame that I no longer get an error message as before. With firmware <1.04 I sometimes had overcurrent messages in spring or last autumn. With 1.05 not anymore.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic