question

jordifax avatar image
jordifax asked

Quattro stopped taking in power from AC-in1 (grid)

Hello everyone,

We have a 3-phase system with 3x Quattro 8 kVA. There is city power (grid) connected to AC-in 1. Grid is quite unstable. The system has been working fine for over a year, taking energy form the grid in pass-through and to charge the batteries when there is no sun.

It has suddenly stopped taking power from the grid. There has not been any system or configuration change as far as we we concerned. I can see there is voltage input at AC-in1 VRM, but this is not being used. There is no related alarm from when the problem started (6 Oct). We tried restarting the system but has not helped (see attached pics)

Luena_Alarm Log 1 Oct-8 Oct.JPGLuena_VRM Log 2 Oct-12 Oct.jpg

Any idea why would this happen? Could be an internal fuse has blown up? Or may be a change in the grid side?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Jordi

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargergrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jordifax avatar image
jordifax answered ·

[SOLVED] Switching the phases solved the issue.

It seems phases were changed on the grid side somehow.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

My guess is that one of your phases has lost power, so check the voltage on your vrm for phase 1 and phase 2. if one of them has NO voltage then the system will disconnect from the Grid, however you will still see voltage on each of the active incoming phases but no amps

1635578591471.png

1635578591471.png (235.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jordi.Fax

To add onto Pauls comment. If switching as a group was checked in the configuration then if one phase is disconnected, all will switch to inverting from what I understand.

Guys who use single phase generators on 3 phase have to disabke that setting.

A complication of unchecking that is that ess cannot be run.

Are you restarting the system with no load?

You may find it is trying to power assist when connecting and batteries are shutting down the system as they are too low. It seems you need to charge those up before anything else can happen.

2 |3000

jordifax avatar image
jordifax answered ·

Hello @Paul B and @Alexandra

Thanks for the input. But I don't think that is the problem.

All phases have voltage but taking no current from any of them.

luena-vrm-log-2-oct-10-oct-phase2.jpg

luena-vrm-log-2-oct-10-oct-phase1.jpgluena-vrm-log-2-oct-10-oct-phase3.jpg

Surely unstable, but it has always been and it worked before.

Another post gave me an idea. Maybe the grid company switched the phase and that is stopping the Quattro form taking in the input (different phase rotation)?

Any other idea?

We did not restart the system without load, but we can try that if you thnk it may help.

Thanks!

Jordi

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

You will get a phase rotation error if the grid was mixed up. You dont have that.

Is there clicking of relays or is it just not trying?

0 Likes 0 ·
jordifax avatar image jordifax Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Nothing happens. No clicking of relays or anything. It just doesn't take it.

We tried restarting (using black buttons in front of Quattros) and restarting without load but still nothing.

0 Likes 0 ·