question

Alistair Clark avatar image
Alistair Clark asked

Smart Battery Sense only displays temp in app when the charger is on

whatsapp-image-2021-10-27-at-073207.jpegwhatsapp-image-2021-10-27-at-073206.jpegHello,

I have a Smart Battery Sense Bluetooth connected to my mppt 75/15 charger, I can see the battery temp during the day (once the solar panels have a charging voltage) but at night time I do not see any battery temp information. Is this a bug or how it is designed?

MPPT SmartSolarSmart Battery Sense
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alistair Clark avatar image
Alistair Clark answered ·

Just trying to bump this up

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, rather than looking at the charger using VictronConnect, connect to the Smart Battery sense instead.

2 comments
2 |3000

Alistair Clark avatar image Alistair Clark commented ·
Thank you for your suggestion, but I am viewing it remotely through a raspberry pi as it sits on top of a mountain (also hence why i want to see the temp) so I can't connect to it directly
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Alistair Clark commented ·
ok; then I don't have an immediate solution for you. We might improve this some day; that is assuming that there is no technical reason for why its made the way it is now.

There could be one: when the charger is off, we usually shut as much features down as possible, to minimise the standby current draw.

0 Likes 0 ·