question

drmberger avatar image
drmberger asked

MultiPlus 12/1600/70 - DIP setting for AGM batteries

I recently changed to AGM battery and accordingly changed the charging programme using the DIP settings on my MultiPlus 12/1600/70 which I operate together with the multi control unit. Following the instructions I used the device only with the inverter on and unplugged from the shore line. I set DS1 off and DS2 on and toggled DS3 one time. According to the manual this should provide an absorption voltage of 14.7V. However, I never can see this voltage on the batteries which are continuously monitored using a voltmeter provided with the solar panel controller. Without sun - thus only the MultiPlus charger - the max voltage is about 14.2V and then the device goes into float (13.8V). The solar controller (with sun) goes up to 14.75V as set.

Is the setting as provided in the manual correct? Is ON where the DIP says ON? Is the DIP changes not been stored with the Control Unit connected? Thus - do I need to unplug the Control Unit before toggling DIP3 to store the setting? Maybe somebody has an advice.

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

I had trouble getting the dip switch settings to take with the toggle procedure. Not sure what the real answer is, but I ended up switching to safe, but silly values, toggling, waiting and toggling back. Once that worked I switched to what I wanted and repeated. Time seems to play a part.

Sorry, can't be clearer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@drmberger Just checked. It's dip switch 8, not 3 to store the settings.

2 |3000

drmberger avatar image
drmberger answered ·

I only have 3 dip switches on my device and according to the manual DIP3 on-off-on or off-on-off will store the setting of DIP1 and DIP2. Not sure what is happening as in fact I did it once more and yesterday evening the float voltage was reading 13.3V instead of 13.8V. Strange......

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic