question

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii asked

How do I regulate the charging current? / Wie kann ich den Ladestrom regulieren?

Hello currently I have 8x 280Wp panels a Multiplus2 and mppt150/70 as batteries I have 2x 12v 230Ah AGM batteries connected to 24V. Now I would like to expand my system by 20x 250Wp panels. I would connect these with 2x mppt 100/50 but I wonder how I can limit the charging current but still use full power on the multiplus.

Glad about any help.

Greetings MrYoshii

Hallo aktuell habe ich 8x 280Wp panels einen Multiplus2 und mppt150/70 als Batterien habe ich 2x 12v 230Ah AGM batterien zu 24V verbunden. Nun würde ich gerne mein system um 20x 250Wp panels erweitern. Ich würde diese mit 2x mppt 100/50 anschliesen nur frage ich mich wie ich da denn ladestrom limitieren kann aber trozdem volle leistung am multiplus verwenden kann.

Freue mich über jede hilfe.

Grüßse MrYoshii

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Charging current is limited by voltage and the MPPT capacity. So current is self limiting by what the AGM batteries will take. But that's a lot of solar for the battery capacity. It would be wise to add temperature sensors to cut charge rate when the batteries get hot.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii answered ·

Ok thanks and what would you take as maximum charge current? Apparently with AGMs yes max 12% of capacity.
For me, that would be dan only 27.6A. How do you see that?

Greetings

Ok danke und was würdet Ihr als maximalen Ladestrom nehmen? Anscheinend bei AGMs ja max 12% der Kapazität.
Bei mir wären das dan ja nur 27.6A. Wie seht Ihr das?

Grüße

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic