question

drlbradley avatar image
drlbradley asked

Long term power off - settings saved?

Hi, my motorhome is going into storage for a few months - (no solar, no shore power). I have Victron LiFePo4 batteries on board with a Multiplus, VE.Bus BMS, Cerbo GX, smartshunt, Lynx Power In, Orion.

I had planned on the following

0. Turning the multi off at the DMC panel

1. flipping the breakers (off) for the charge input (solar and orion), and load output.

2. Pulling the main fuses from the Lynx so that the batteries are isolated from all load/charge

Anything else I've forgotten?

Will my settings on my MultiPlus and Cerbo GX be saved if they are without power for several months?

/David

storage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
drlbradley avatar image
drlbradley answered ·

Answering my own question here … in addition to the above, I removed the +ve connection to the smartshunt, removed the Cerbo power plug, removed the Allow-to-charge and Allow-to-discharge wires from the VE.Bus BMS.

The batteries did not lose any charge.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There was a recent post from the MD, saying LiFePo would not self-discharge during winter storage.

Didn't cover settings, but I expect they won't disappear.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic