question

daveb avatar image
daveb asked

Has DC System strange effect

I have Easyplus, Bluesolar MPPT, Cerbo GX. I have the "Has DC System" enabled in Easyplus and noticed that the charge output of MPPT appears to be going to the Easyplus in VRM and it shows battery idle. When I disable "Has DC System" (which I have via a 12 way fuse box in my automotive system) the MPPT shows charge to battery and that the battery is in charging mode in VRM. So what is causing the "Has DC System" to direct the charge to Easyplus with that setting and is that what is actually happening? See screenshot attached.screenshot-2021-10-08-at-100027-pm.png

Further confusion: The remote console does show the current flowing from the MPPT to the battery when "Has DC System" enabled in Easyplus but on the battery shows no charge.

screenshot-2021-10-11-at-94616-am.png

And when "Has DC System" switched off the current flow is to battery and battery shows the incoming wattage.

screenshot-2021-10-11-at-101142-am.png

Whats going on here?

EasyPlus
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@daveb

Are there ways for the gx to measure any of the two systems? The battery monitoring of the easy is an approximation of what it thinks is going there, unless you have a shunt that talks to the gx.

0 Likes 0 ·
daveb avatar image daveb Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I do have a BMV 712 in system but having problems with that too which I'll post about in due course. I currently don't have any load on the DC system other than the Easyplus itself so as I understand it the battery monitor in Easy will be accurate for whats being taken out on that part of system.
0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ daveb commented ·
In remote console change the battery monitor to the BMV.
0 Likes 0 ·
daveb avatar image daveb klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

I have a problem with my BMV 712 or perhaps my wiring so do not get any useful readings from it. The only loads on the system are those of the Easyplus running a 240v refrigerator in AES mode so what shown by the Easyplus battery monitor will be true. Which Monitor set in remote console was not my question.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ daveb commented ·
Perhaps you should rectify your problem with the BVM??
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
daveb avatar image
daveb answered ·

The shunt was faulty and I have now replaced with a smart shunt and everything is working as it should. Thanks to all who responded.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As kim suggest change this setting to show the BMV unit. as this unit then measures ALL the DC power having it selected as the mutliplus means that it ONLY monitors the amps in and out of the Multiplus and thus does not know anything about the other loads and or changing items

1633848282499.png

1633848282499.png (177.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

daveb avatar image daveb commented ·

My BMV 712 has a problem in that it reads 100% SOC permanently and shows no Ah drawn or any other readings. Yes I have checked it is the correct way around and theres no loads off the battery side of the shunt other than the Daly BMS thats with my 4s 280Ah Battery. Theres no loads on my DC system (other than Easyplus)so the Easyplus Battery Monitor is reading the SOC for consumption by the easyplus and its loads (A 240v fridge). Maybe I need to put the shunt before the BMS?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic